Highly colored and stylish upholstery adds more comfort and a royal look to any house. It is important to clean this furniture and keep it germ-free so that you can get a healthy home environment with a beautiful home appeal.
If spills stay longer on the upholstery, it may damage its material as well. While professional upholstery cleaning services can help you restore its original shine.
Do’s of Upholstery Cleaning:
- It is advisable to blot your upholstery immediately after spills occurred on it. You can take a cloth to blot the liquid. It’s most advisable to prevent the stain to seep deeper and save your upholstery.
- While using DIY methods or store-bought products at home, test the solutions on some hidden parts of the upholstery. Check the result for at least one day. If there is no discoloration on the fabric of your upholstery, then you can use that solution.
- Vacuum your upholstery regularly (at least once a week) to prevent deep accumulation of dirt and preserve its tidy look. It is essential for its regular maintenance.
- To deep clean and maintain your upholstery, hire professional upholstery cleaning experts at least once a year.
- Provide the right cleaning by reading the instruction label on the products you use. Also, look for the guidelines stated by the upholstery manufacturer for the recommended type of cleaning.
- Always ensure your upholstery is completely dry after cleaning. Excess moisture can cause white mold on furniture and also cause staining and unpleasant odors.
Don’ts of Upholstery Cleaning:
- Don’t rub the stains while cleaning. This will push the stains deeper into its fabrics while also making them wear. Always blot clean the stains to remove them.
- When cleaning a stain, don’t start from the center. This will spread it even more. Prefer to go from the outer edges toward the center of the spill.
- Never use products for cleaning which contain harsh chemicals (like bleach). It may harm your valuables. The better option is to go for eco-friendly products that get back the shine and glory of your furniture.
- Don’t use the same cleaning method for all fabric types. Different upholstery materials need to be handled with different care.
- Avoid the use of hot water on the spills and stains, as it may convert them into unremovable stains and may damage upholstery fibers.
- Do not allow your maid to clean the sofa or couches at home. Inexperienced cleaning and improper techniques can damage your upholstery.