Definitely, white mold is dangerous for furniture. But, what causes mold on furniture? So, white mold is one kind of bacteria that develops easily in hot and humid types of areas at home. When this mold grows on your upholstered furniture, it starts damaging them.
Mainly, you can keep a precaution to create less humidity in your house. Mold has a tendency to generate at a fast rate once it is developed. There are many different types of white mold health risks like asthma, headache, skin and eye irritation, infections, etc.
While searching for “is white mold on furniture dangerous”, you may also think of its removal. So, here are the easy steps for it.
Easy Steps To Remove White Mold From Furniture
- First, move your upholstered furniture outside of the house.
- Start sweeping the furniture now with a broom brush. This way all the spores spread in the air will remain outside of the house and will reduce the mold growth inside of the home.
- Vacuum the furniture thoroughly. Vacuuming will remove more mold spores from the furniture.
- Take a wet sponge and add a few drops of detergent or dishwashing liquid. Wipe the spores of the mold with this sponge.
- If the mold spots are not cleaned with this detergent, then use bleach(safe for your furniture color) to scrub the spot.
- Disinfect the mold-affected areas in your furniture properly.
- Allow the furniture to dry outside. Then, bring it inside and wipe it with a clean wet cloth to remove the layer of all fungicides and mold from the furniture.
Note: You can also use the same process to remove mold from the fabric cushions.
Thinking To Hire Professional Upholstery Cleaning Services?
ASAP Carpet Cleaning located in Turlock is the top-most choice for perfect mold removal from your upholstery. We use modern techniques and tools to kill the mold from its root. Even our experts ensure that mold does not generate mold again in the same place after cleaning. Learn more about how our skilled cleaners utilize effective cleaning methods to clean your upholstery.