Nowadays, everyone likes to have natural stone flooring in their house, because it adds a unique elegance to your room. Besides installing the beautiful stone flooring, it is important that you care for and maintain it properly. Here are some tips explaining Dos and Don’ts for natural stone cleaning.
Top Tips For Natural Stone Cleaning Surfaces
While cleaning natural stone surfaces at home, you need to take care of many different things. Else, you may damage the finishing of your natural stone. Learn here some tips for stone cleaning.
⇒ Do’s For Natural Stone Cleaning
- Use area rugs or mats in heavy foot traffic areas to protect your natural stone countertops.
- Keep the habit to dust mop natural stone floors daily, so that dirt doesn’t stick to them.
- Whenever a spill or stain occurs on the natural stone surface, immediately blot it with a clean cloth. Avoid rubbing the stain else the stone can become dull.
- Use of neutral pH cleaners is preferred. You can also use a granite cleaner or a mild detergent for cleaning stubborn stains.
- Do rinse the natural stone surface with water and then dry it thoroughly.
- Make sure that you apply to seal to your natural stone surfaces that will protect them from hard stains.
⇒ Don’ts For Natural Stone Cleaning
- Don’t use acidic or form liquids like ammonia or bleach as they can harm the structure of your natural stone surface.
- Avoid using market cleaners that guarantee to remove all mineral deposits or soap scums on the natural stone surface. Else, check their packet label to be marked as safe for use on natural stone.
- Don’t scrub your natural stone surface with soft or abrasive cleansers, steel wool pads.
- Don’t use lemon juice, vinegar to clean soft natural stone surfaces.
- Even, don’t apply soap on the natural stone to clean as it can lead to soap deposits on the surface that are hard to remove.
- Use a dust-mop or vacuum to avoid streaks on your natural stone floor instead of applying a damp-mop on it. Vacuuming will remove all white powder signs from the flooring.
Avail Top-Notch Professional Natural Stone Cleaning Services!
You need to follow all the above-mentioned dos and Don’ts while cleaning your natural stone surface. Even though it is risky if you are cleaning the stone surface for the first time. Professionals like ASAP Carpet Cleaning located at Turlock have years of experience in this field and have the best tools to remove all hard stains from your natural stone flooring.